Montage Big Sky
As we are settling into school, finally, its time to think about the holidays and in the world of travel it also means getting organized for any Thanksgiving, Festive and even February breaks. Travel and experiential travel specifically are having a major post-pandemic comeback! Making memories with your families via travel is the best way to spend the holidays and the best gift to give!
Why act now?
- Prices have been set. There are no “deals” or discounts typically over the major holiday periods
- Flight costs, sadly, will continue to stay high or even go up as demand increases those lower-priced inventory fares are the first to go
- Most luxury resorts have strict 30, 60 or even 90 day cancel policies! So, if a hotel you were eyeing was sold out in July it may have some shake out as people mark those dates to “cancel by” so they don’t lose their deposits or in some cases the entire trip
Where to go?
- Mexico still shows the greatest value overall
- Panama is having a moment! In addition to the lively scene of Panama City, resorts with over-water style accommodations, cultural activities and sustainable policies have recently opened to much fanfare
- Paris! Visit Paris before the Olympics craze! An original palace hotel restored to its grandeur and then some, The Ritz Paris offers incredible added value when booking through me. In addition to amenities like daily American breakfast & guaranteed upgrades I can confirm complimentary VIP airport greeters upon arrival and roundtrip transfers to and from the hotel (value 450 Euro). I am also able to guarantee the highly COVETED early check-in or late check-out so that you and your children can immediately get into your room or suite even with those early morning arrivals in Paris. The perks don’t end there…
- Ask me or your travel consultant which properties have less than 7 night minimum stays. Many of the best require 7 or 10 night stays which can be tough depending on a school calendar or budget
How far out should you book for Festive?
- I recommend booking safari or other destinations in Africa at least 6 to 12 months prior to ensure the best space at game camps and cities like Cape Town which often are jam packed during December as it is their summer season.
- The same 6-12 months applies to destinations in South America like the Galapagos, Argentina or the Patagonia region as our winter holidays fall over their summer and warmer months
What are the best places to spend Thanksgiving for a multi-generational trip? Properties with villas or residences that have their own kitchens are very popular when planning multi-gen travel over holidays!
- Los Cabos and Punta de Mita in Mexico
- Aspen, CO
- Big Sky, Montana
- Palmetto Bluff, SC
- Turks & Caicos
- Grand Cayman
- St Barth
- Costa Rica
Working with a professional travel advisor like me helps take much of the guess work out of your hands. Destination knowledge and key relationships with the hotels, in addition to direct airline and hotel inventory is a priceless service. Logistics, often overlooked by a DIY traveler, can literally make or break your holiday! My attention to detail and logistics ensures smooth travels and transitions.