Berry Picking is on our summer bucket list and we can’t wait to get outside with the kids and check out some of these great spots! Most pick-your-own farms in Fairfield County also sell their produce, but we really enjoy getting our hands dirty and eating what we have picked ourselves! Check out our list below and please comment if you have any additional places that you and your family frequent.
- Silverman’s Farm, 451 Sport Hill Rd, Easton, CT 06612. Open Daily: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
open 7 days a week through December 31st. Here you can pick your own fruits & berries, shop the local Farm Store, Visit the animals & walk the beautiful grounds!
Farm may close during inclement weather. Please call.
- White Silo Farm and Winery offers pick your own raspberries and blackberries and more. 32 Route 37 East, Sherman, CT 06784. Phone: (860) 355-0271.
- Lyman Orchard you can enjoy being a farmer for an afternoon and pick nearly 100 varieties of fruits from June through October.32 Reeds Gap Rd, Middlefield, CT 06455
- Warrups Farm– Vegetables, salad greens, garlic, herbs, flowers, peaches, pumpkins, maple syrup 51 John Read Road, West Redding, CT 06896. Phone: (203) 938-9403.
- The Hickories Farm on Lounsbury Road in Ridgefield offers pick your own to their CSA members. Public free to walk the gorgeous grounds and shop the farm store which houses organic produce, dairy, ice-cream, condiments & more!! Find out more here.
- Jones Family Farm, Walnut Tree Hill Road Shelton, 203-929-8425. PYO strawberries and blueberries. Award winning winery (with tasting room) and Harvest Kitchen cooking studio. 400 acres, seven-generation family fun.
Fairfield County Farmers Markets!
When you love fresh produce but don’t have the time (or kids aren’t thrilled about picking) there is nothing better than a local Farmers Market. Most of them are all-encompassing and so fun to be around. In addition to the local food, often times you can find live music, flowers, treats & home goods. We love a good afternoon with the kiddos at our local Farmers Market! Below are some of our favorites–let us know yours and we will add them to our guide!
- Westport Farmers Market May 23 – November 7 Thursdays 10:00AM – 2:00PM 50 Imperial Ave Westport, Connecticut 06880
- Georgetown Farmers Market June 17 – October Sunday, 10AM – 2PM 4 Old Mill Rd, Redding, CT 06896
- CityCenter Danbury Farmers Market on The Danbury Green. Every Saturday from 10am-2pm June 22-October 19th. Live music, activities & tons of local food & produce!
- New Canaan Farmers Market, is celebrating its 20th season. The market will open on Saturday, April 27, 2019 and continue through Mid-December, pending weather conditions, from 10:00am to 2:00pm every Saturday, rain or shine. 64 Maple Street New Canaan, CT 06840