“This healthy, sweet soup wins our vote for the favorite ‘take to the beach’ lunch! — Chef Deb Ponzek, Aux Délices
- – 8 nectarines, pitted and diced
- – 2 1/2 cups orange juice
- – 1 tablespoon sugar
- – 1 sprig of fresh tarragon
- – 1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- In a large saute pan, with deep sides, bring the nectarines, orange juice, sugar and tarragon to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the nectarines are very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the fruit mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool to room temperature. Stir in the yogurt.
- Working in batches, puree the soup using a blender, food processor, or hand blender until smooth. Chill for at least 2 to 3 hours and serve cold.