- This event has passed.
Spanish through Music and Movement for Kids
October 9, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 10:30 am, repeating until October 10, 2020
This is a LIVE 30 minute long virtual class offered every Monday – Saturday at 10:30 AM Pacific or 4:30 PM Pacific. Registration enrolls you in the next upcoming class.
Interactive, live-streaming music and movement class in Spanish for babies, toddlers and preschoolers!
Join us every day from Monday through Saturday at 10:30 am Pacific or 4:30 pm Pacific to sing, dance and play together while learning Spanish from your home.
In this class, children are introduced to basic concepts like the animals, colors and numbers through the universal language of Music. A selection of Children Songs in Spanish guides the class from start to finish. Activities are related to the lyrics, in order to familiarize the children with the words and their meanings. Some of the songs encourage the children to dance. Nilda uses puppets, musical instruments, and props to teach children basic vocabulary through action and interaction, rather than through translation.
The following will add to the experience, but are not required. Please feel free to have with you:
- A musical toy like a drum, shaker, any household item that can be used to follow a beat or just your hands to clap 🙂
- A couple of playsilks, scarves, or any small piece of fabric that can be used to follow along when we use playsilks in the class
- You child’s favorite stuffed animal, doll or any other toy friend
The class is a good fit for:
- Bilingual families looking for Spanish enrichment activities.
- Families that do not speak Spanish but are exploring it as a possible second language for their children.