June 24 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Experience the magic of nature’s fireworks!
Thursday, June 24, 2021
8:30pm – 9:30pm EasternGreenwich, Connecticut
Greenwich Audubon Center
613 Riversville Rd, Greenwich, 06831
Join us at Greenwich Audubon Center for a special nighttime adventure to discover one of summer’s most special insects! Fireflies are nature’s own fireworks and their dazzling displays captivate the excitement of people of all ages. Our journey will start with an introduction about the amazing lives of fireflies and how we can help protect them. Then as darkness falls you will have a chance to walk through our meadow and catch a glimpse of their mesmerizing bioluminescence.
As we continue to prioritize your safety we ask that you PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN PLASTIC HOLE-PUNCHED JARS (NO GLASS PLEASE) since they will not be provided this year.
This IN-PERSON program has a limited capacity and will be held entirely outdoors. All participants are required to wear a face mask covering for the duration of the program.
Our buildings and facilities are still closed to the public, so we please ask that you plan accordingly as our restrooms will not be available. Tickets MUST be purchased in advance through our online ticket sales page. There will be no ticket sales at the door the day of the program. Please be prepared to show proof of your ticket registration, either as a printed copy of your registration receipt or your registration confirmation email on your phone.
- Program Fee: We have several ticket levels available beginning at $25, and each is per person. Your contributions help support our conservation work, including advocating for the protection of birds and the habitats they depend on for survival. We greatly appreciate your support during these challenging times.
- Registration is required. Select Here to Register.
- Recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Please register for the quantity of ALL members in your party. The rate for children and adults is the same.
- We will meet you in our parking lot at the start of the program. Please ensure everyone in your party is wearing a face mask.
- For questions, please contact Ryan MacLean at Ryan.MacLean@audubon.org or 203-930-1353.
Greenwich Audubon Center is a vibrant nature education center located at the main 285-acre Audubon sanctuary in Greenwich. We are a part of the Audubon Connecticut state office of the National Audubon Society and Atlantic Flyway, and steward a total of seven sanctuaries in the Greenwich area. Our mission is to protect birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow. Visitors are welcome to enjoy our miles of trails, nature programs, education resources, conservation-themed events, and nature store throughout the year.
We support a diverse and inclusive environment, and welcome individuals of all races, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, ethnicities, and perspectives. We work with families to modify programs for accessibility where possible.